Thursday 3 March 2016

My Hobbies!

My favourite hobbies Water-skiing, which some of you know I absolutely love! There are three types of Water-skiing, Trick,  Jump, and Slalom. Henley, Mason and I only do Slalom but most people do three or two events. Slalom is where you have to go round 6 buoys and still get your gates and exit gates at faster speeds. Every time you run a pass you either go up a speed or shorten the rope, I start at 46 kmp and got up to 52 kmp and then I shorten, whereas people like Henely start at 58 (because he's a boy) and start on the 14 and then he goes down into the 11.25 meter rope. My PB is 1 on the 14, Henley's is 1.5 on 10.75, and Mason's is 2 on 12. Trick is where you do slide sides and toes and flips and a whole bunch of other really cool but dangerous stuff! Jump is where you go over a jump ramp and try and get the furthest out of all the people you are competing against. Tournaments, we have had a tournament every weekend for the past 2 weeks and tomorrow and Sunday we have another one (Regionals). The Tournaments are held at Lake Crichton, Lake Hood, Northbrook Waters, Piarere, Karapiro, Kaiwi, Oreki Basin and heaps others! We have Nationals coming up in a few weeks and I'm really excited about it! I will be versing about 15-20 other girls in my age group which is Junior Girls!




By Diaz M

No comments:

Post a Comment