Tuesday 1 March 2016

Football By Alex

FOOTBALL

Football is my favorite sport but I don't play much now. I really like it and I might start playing twilight football again in term 4. My brother is playing football this year so I have to go and watch every game. Some of my friends play football but most of them play rugby or do nothing.

I started playing football in 2010 to 2014 so I played for 5 consecutive years. I played for Waimak United Football Club. Most of the games were held at Maria Andrews, some at Kendall Park and occasionally at Oxford. 

I loved the atmosphere, the excitement and scoring goals. My preferred position was center or mid field. I am really good at reading the game and spent a lot of time running the length of the pitch. I would get the ball to our scorers and at the same time get back to defend the opponents at our goal. Its exhausting but great fun.

My family would always turn up and watch the game, their encouragement kept me going. I would always hear my Mum and Nan cheering me on.

I liked the presentation at the end of the matches when coach would select the player of the day. I had a lot of these and would also receive a certificate too. Sometimes they would be published in the school news letter.


This is me playing for 8th Grade Comets 2013 taking a penalty shot. 

I will keep playing football until I don't want to anymore. I love football and I will play again this year besides it is my favorite sport.

By Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment