Friday 11 May 2012

Homework Week 4

For those of you that would like to make a start on next week's homework, here it is. Enjoy Mrs T :)

HOMEWORK WEEK 4!

TASK 1: Make sure you comment on your learning this week on the blog! You must have one comment on how you’re going in a subject this week and what you would like to improve on.

TASK 2: Spelling – you have a spelling test this week on 14 words – make sure you are practising your words daily!

TASK 3: How’s your reading log going? You should be reading a novel for 15 minutes minimum a night J

TASK 4: Complete the maths problems below using your addition and subtraction know how:

4a) Jack saved $31 in June, $43 in July, and $25 in August. Then Jack spent $22 on school supplies and $14 on new clothes. How much money does Jack have left?



4b) Caroline and Evelyn had breakfast at a cafe. Muffins cost $4 each, and fruit cups cost $4 each. Caroline had 1 muffin and 1 fruit cup. Evelyn had 2 muffins and 1 fruit cup. How much did their breakfast cost?



4c) Barry wants to ride the Ferris wheel, the roller coaster, and the log ride. The Ferris wheel costs 3 tickets, the roller coaster costs 6 tickets and the log ride costs 7 tickets. Barry has 14 tickets. How many more tickets should Barry buy?



TASK 5:


   
Well done to everyone for completing their homework on Antarctica last week. This week’s task is:


THE EMPEROR PENGUIN

Find out 5 interesting facts

about the emperor penguin.

Include pictures, think about

presentation and make sure you

comment on their unique breeding style J

13 comments:

  1. thanks Mrs. T!
    Already started!
    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Elisabeth - keep up the great work! :)

      Delete
  2. OOOOo i love penguins thanks Mrs T :P Eva G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys
    Extra hint about the emperor penguin breeding info - I am wanting you to find the information regarding what the male penguin does during the incubation of the egg. Good luck :) Mrs T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mrs T I have just started
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys,
    i am improving on my maths with the math problem we are learning about tidy numbers really easy,
    and i would like to improve on getting my Ernest Shackleton work done
    Bye Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think i am improving on my Handwriting.
    The thing i would like to improve on is to get my Ernest Shackleton work done!!!.
    Ruby:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think i imrpoved on my work im very proud of My Maths Test and ernest shackelton timeline !!!!! the thing i need to improve on is my Multipacation in maths and also believen my self a little more bye guys :)) Eva G :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm improving in My handwriting!
      the thing that I need to work on is my basic facts!!!!!! :)
      Lizzy

      Delete
    2. Hey guys I think that I am doing really good in my maths
      And i need to work on my spelling but I am trying
      My best .
      Riley b-t .

      Delete
  8. I think I am improving on my handwriting and i need to work on getting my Earnest Shackleton work done!!!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete